Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
JULY 2017
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Elsa Peters living a new life in Bulgaria    General Boards    My Diary by Elsa Peters  ›  JULY 2017
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

JULY 2017  This thread currently has 5,300 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Elsa Peters
July 1, 2017, 4:41pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 1st July

Update will be later.....my main machine has been commandeered....and no way I can manipulate pickles on this little thing.

White rabbits and all that jazz....
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
Elsa Peters
July 2, 2017, 6:19pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 2nd July

Well that promise of a late update didn't happen....sunshine superman acca my guest decided to update my old laptop to Windows 7 and since the laptop didn't respond to my wifi...my connecting cable from my big machine was removed from mine and put into the laptop.  With only another one hundred and twenty updates to go I gave up and went to bed...a girl has only so much stamina after temperatures in the upper thirties.

Seven start this morning and after emergency watering yesterday for a very forlorn and dehydrated hydrangea...the rest of the garden got the same treatment....both hoses on the go and sprinkler system in place.  Just as well it was well up into the thirties again today and I'm about to go out and give them a top up.  Breakfast and then my little neighbour's daughter gave me a yell from the bottom of my wall and I suddenly remembered that I'd promised her a Suffolk latch for her door since her mother has arthritis and can't manage the one that was fitted.  So tools at the ready....my guest became a workman for the morning and despite having to plane the door to make it fit the door frame...between us we managed it with me as labourer and it now works.  I've told her not to tell the rest of the village where she got it from...they're too expensive to get posted over here.  After that we went down to the village spring to fill up the water bottles.  My Avatar was down there with her daughter in law and we sat watching them fill theirs and then we filled ours.  I took pity on my neighbour's daughter, she'd walked about five kilometres  yesterday pulling the load in a granny trolley...it was a my suggestion that we used the Beast and came back with enough to last them.  

Home by three and the laptop has at last loaded the Windows updates and is on its own connection and I'm back to normal.  It was at my suggestion that we went to Djebel and tried out the swimming pool behind the police station and it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be.  As usual there were lots of young lads working off their energy jumping and diving but also several young families which was nice to see.  It's quite a big pool so you feel you have your own space and can move around easily.  

Dried and dressed by seven and we headed into Djebel town and found another restaurant that I've not used before.  There were very attentive waitresses, food ordered, delivered, eaten without any fuss and a bill that certainly wasn't going to break the bank.  So home James by eight thirty....my neighbour's daughter has just been round with some flowers as a thank you and we've settled on a trip to Greece when things settle down again...when she hasn't so much gardening to do.

Sun's down...nothing planned for tomorrow yet...I'll have to check out the weather.  It's supposed to be changing and getting cooler with perhaps some rain...I hope not...I'm getting used to it.  LN....To hose, to hose.....LN

Attachment: emergency_water_rations_9530.jpg
Size: 136.60 KB

Attachment: found_the_sprinkler_out_9879.jpg
Size: 165.88 KB

Attachment: tobacco_out_9225.jpg
Size: 127.28 KB

Attachment: roots_into_the_wall_3512.jpg
Size: 128.23 KB

Attachment: really_smelly_honeysuckle_8900.jpg
Size: 105.49 KB

Attachment: new_resting_place_4895.jpg
Size: 106.73 KB

Attachment: more_tobacco_5208.jpg
Size: 95.38 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 2, 2017, 6:23pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
And this afternoon

Attachment: and_todays_venue_7333.jpg
Size: 98.96 KB

Attachment: space_to_move_5665.jpg
Size: 109.25 KB

Attachment: boys_at_play_25.jpg
Size: 127.33 KB

Attachment: checking_out_the_bottom_of_the_pool_7939.jpg
Size: 129.88 KB

Attachment: beautiful_poplars_9063.jpg
Size: 72.17 KB

Attachment: hotel_in_the_background_8431.jpg
Size: 132.67 KB

Attachment: supper_in_town_8041.jpg
Size: 91.45 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 3, 2017, 6:59pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 3rd July

Six start and the red sun was just a glimmer between the mountains and the clouds.  I was out with the camera....the forecast for today wasn't good and we were expecting thunder and lightening by nine but it was much later...it didn't arrive until three this afternoon and boy didn't it throw it down.

It was a super morning for gardening...it was cool, there was a breeze and I was out there until eight thirty when I came in to cook breakfast.  The internet was down earlier on but after breakfast I caught up with my Sudoku and daily 'horror-scopes' courtesy of the Daily Mail and then down to get the bonfire fired up....what a routine I have.  Back to the gardening and removed the poppies from in front of the side beds and planted up some of the flowers that I was given last night.  I didn't bother watering them in...I knew what was coming later.  I came in when the thunder started and took down the internet and it got darker and much louder.  Eventually the wind got up, the clouds closed in and you couldn't see the mountains and then the heavens opened and not only rain but really large hail stones which bounced over the terraces and the gutters had problems containing the downpour....it was shooting off in all directions.  In retrospect...I should have got the cushions in from the outside chairs but it was too late....they'll dry off eventually.

So that downpour went away, blue sky emerged with fluffy white clouds and the mountains were revealed again.  There was a brief shower which seemed to come from nowhere and really didn't last but the air is much fresher even though the temperature seems to be rising again.  Tomorrow is forecast to be sun and cloud and I'm staying around...I have three deliveries that should be made from various couriers...we'll see what turns up.  The items coming from Germany I've tried to use the tracking number for but it states that the items have been passed to a local courier and no mention of the name.....Situation normal then.  

Just watched my first Wimbledon of the year....two British ladies through to the second round....still a long way to go though.  I'll be square eyed by the end of it.  Supper of chilli sausages with white beans and my was it spicy.  It called for a large dollop of  yogurt to cool it down.  So the sun has gone down, no need to water the garden for the next week by the amount that came down....I exaggerate....but nothing for tonight.  LN....A book at bedtime for me....LN

Attachment: early_sunrise_7130.jpg
Size: 30.67 KB

Attachment: dramatic_sky_3929.jpg
Size: 31.96 KB

Attachment: and_it_broke_through_7901.jpg
Size: 26.15 KB

Attachment: very_wet_terrace_8764.jpg
Size: 111.30 KB

Attachment: cloudy_sunset_1760.jpg
Size: 82.37 KB

Attachment: ginormous_lavender_7753.jpg
Size: 99.67 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 4, 2017, 4:55pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Tuesday 4th July

Seven start this morning and I sat out with my coffee watching the hillside and suddenly there he was....Harold my hare and in fact there were two of them....Mr and Ms Harold.  They shot off in different directions, I shot off into the house and grabbed the camera and focused on where I'd seen them and back came one of them.  Yesterday morning I was out at six and caught a glimpse of movement in the garden but by the time I'd focused the camera it had gone but I was rewarded this morning...

Out to hang out the cushions from yesterday where they had got completely saturated and noticed that the bowls and buckets were full...the plants were having a good drink.  I sat on the mesh chair which was the only one salvaged drinking my coffee and then took to a spot of gardening before my day really began.  The bread van arrived and had failed to toot his horn at the stop prior to mine so I was still in my PJ's as he shot down to the square.  Unabashed I neatened up my hair and headed down for eggs and bread and told the ladies that they were in fact PJ's and not my day attire.  They were respectable enough....

Decision of the day was to take away the bonfire pit and it's going to be filled with different types of berberis and summer flowers.  It's been good while it lasted but it much more suits the bottom of the garden and to have it in half a barrel and this afternoon I removed the bricks from   the surround and the metal and unfortunately think I have unhoused a lizard, a frog and some very big spiders.  The bricks are at the bottom of the garden and I think I might be constructing a bug shelter down there...symbiotic living.  Tree trimmed and the area tidied at the front of the garage, cows fed on the trimmings and one huge bramble removed so that the roses can flourish.

Jacket potatoes are in and the remains of last night's chilli will be warmed up to fill them.....almost eight my time so duty calls.  LN....I'm kitchen bound...LN

Attachment: harold_at_full_stretch_7505.jpg
Size: 87.59 KB

Attachment: back_towards_his_den_4386.jpg
Size: 104.85 KB

Attachment: boy_did_it_come_down_yesterday_3298.jpg
Size: 107.80 KB

Attachment: fire_pit_is_no_more_9692.jpg
Size: 186.34 KB

Attachment: found_on_the_terrace_8432.jpg
Size: 137.84 KB

Attachment: cleared_out_the_corner_9095.jpg
Size: 95.39 KB

Attachment: clearing_up_the_trimmings_5144.jpg
Size: 146.86 KB

Attachment: sunflower_alley_2642.jpg
Size: 76.80 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 4, 2017, 4:58pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
And a few more

Attachment: multiheaded_595.jpg
Size: 99.59 KB

Attachment: girls_heading_back_1701.jpg
Size: 76.98 KB

Attachment: best_sort_of_tobacco_997.jpg
Size: 88.79 KB

Attachment: beautiful_zinnias_3271.jpg
Size: 141.91 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 5, 2017, 4:18pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 5th July

It was a seven start this morning and the woodpeckers were back firstly on my special tree but it moved up into the canopy so there were just a few shots and secondly on the red plum.  There looked like really good pickings.  I didn't see Harold but the sheep came over early so he was probably tucked away for safety, especially with the dogs looking after the sheep.  So the next incident was that the martins swamped the single nest that I have on the little house as if trying to encourage the baby to leave the nest.  It's little head was out and he was being fed, there must have been fifteen to twenty around the nest at the time...spot mother if you can...

Boiled eggs for breakfast for a change, emails and sudoku, and then I set about tidying up the debris from the tree chopping last night.  I'd put the branches out for the cows but needed to take the remains down the lane.  I cleared it all and scraped the old leaf and soil from the area and dumped it in the new flower bed/bonfire pit and I'm still undecided what to grow in there...and think I'll leave it for a time.  The next area to be assaulted was the old wood that had been dumped at the bottom of the garden.  It was made up of a mixture of the cheap facing wood and decent planks bought for the wall building and now it's sorted...good wood in and the old stuff is stacked against the long wall.  It just makes life easier.  

Order of the day is tennis....I watched the Konta match and she is through to the third round.  Brilliant game, three sets and both could have won....but the BG number one triumphed.  Andy Murray is now playing the German with long flowing locks...I've got the sound on and will go back to watching it after I've posted.  Wimbledon is ace....

Out for supper tonight....I really can't be bothered cooking so I need a shower and shampoo, it's seven my time, so better get into gear.  LN...I'll update on the venue...LN

Attachment: tap_and_tap_3736.jpg
Size: 36.76 KB

Attachment: head_down_5753.jpg
Size: 36.55 KB

Attachment: into_the_canopy_5142.jpg
Size: 65.15 KB

Attachment: next_village_mosque_7681.jpg
Size: 54.84 KB

Attachment: fighting_it_out_3949.jpg
Size: 55.90 KB

Attachment: perched_5918.jpg
Size: 53.75 KB

Attachment: waiting_for_the_sun_5311.jpg
Size: 48.90 KB

Attachment: and_the_single_one_898.jpg
Size: 67.32 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 6, 2017, 5:58pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 6th July

Well for the first time this year I was woken by a pesky mosquito with that high pitched drone in my ear....I sat up quickly, put the light on, escaped to the loo and there it was again....Out with the spray....the bathroom was done first and then the bed area and I've heard nothing since but seen no dead bodies.  Tonight I'll be out there with the spray before I settle my weary head...

Down for coffee at six thirty and my guest was already up....it could have been my thumping about that disturbed him.  I took my coffee on to the terrace and closed the door behind me so that the house temperature didn't dip but there was no real need.  As the sun came up so did the temperature and we've had a beautiful cloudless day and up in the thirties.  Breakfast of scrambled and toast and I went out water the garden and Remsier's grand-daughter was in the garden.  Apparently they had received a message from the post office to say that there was a letter for me so at ten I was into the Beast to go and fetch it.  As I set off I saw the man hanging around the garden next to mine and certain people in the village have suggested that he was tapping in to my internet.  I drove very slowly by him and had my window down and he really gave him the 'stare'.  He wasn't talking on the phone so I wasn't really sure what was going on...something didn't feel right but no way would be know my password without he took a guess and struck lucky.  So off to the post office and she wasn't there and I was told that it would be eleven before she arrived so I headed back home and picked up two really elderly ladies who wanted a lift to my village.  They managed to scramble in but I made sure that I helped them out....I don't carry insurance for injuries...

Back to the post office for one fifteen, on to Djebel and then on to Kardjali and to the new swimming pool I'd heard about.  Not far out of the town, easy to get to and not too crowded with the benefit of a pool attendant blowing his whistle readily for anyone gaming around.  We managed to get a couple of sunbeds fairly easily, the pool is large so wasn't crowded out and I really enjoyed my time in the water.  I'm a little pink round the edges but that's to be expected.

Kaufland and Lidl armed with a shopping list so no great shocks...Came back the back way and home for a reasonable time.  I've just had ten minutes with my Avatar discussing my internet thief and if she sees him from her window she's going to give me a call.  We both decided thought that he would be better in a green t-shirt not a red one...then he would blend into the bushes.  Anyway...supper calls...French stick and cold meats...it should fill the gap.  LN...Kitchen bound...LN

Attachment: very_patriotic_2790.jpg
Size: 80.72 KB

Attachment: views_of_the_pool_8388.jpg
Size: 109.22 KB

Attachment: and_of_the_hotel_8420.jpg
Size: 103.45 KB

Attachment: from_the_terrace_6225.jpg
Size: 88.01 KB

Attachment: views_over_kardjali_4984.jpg
Size: 80.23 KB

Attachment: and_further_round_3191.jpg
Size: 78.89 KB

Attachment: not_many_left_1377.jpg
Size: 108.10 KB

Attachment: very_early_moon_7644.jpg
Size: 47.75 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 7, 2017, 8:23pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Friday 7th July

So I woke at six this morning, read until seven and then got my head down again until nine.  After that I was trying to play catch up all day.  Bacon and eggs for breakfast eventually, I went down to see if my farmer had got my sheep droppings ready but he was just about to take the sheep for their water so I arranged to go back at eleven.  On my way down the man that I think is taking my internet was there again but this time in a green shirt...he must have been reading yesterday's blog...

So at eleven I took the Beast down to the farmyard, pulled it into the hard and the farmer and his grandson were filling up the bags for me.  I'd only asked for five but he was busy doing nine and they managed to fit them into the Beast.  I offered to pay...he refused payment but I forced five leva into his hand and suggested that he gave it to his grandson for working on the farm.  He's a student at the language school so probably needs the cash.  So home with my booty and three bags have gone into the new bed, one down the flower bed under the front wall, one is for the little house side beds, three have gone into the original veg garden and one more for the bottom of the garden.  It's not all been distributed yet but it's in situ.  The new bed surround is in place and ready to be planted up.

I did manage to get the lawnmower underway this afternoon and complete half of the garden...the second half I shall do tomorrow....the rest of the day has been taken up by tennis coverage and I've only just finished watching Andy almost getting thrashed.  If the Italian could have played a more controlled game he would have won....very inspirational play.

While I was watching the tennis I saw a cat on the newly mown lawn and it appeared to be eating something but I couldn't make it out.  When it sauntered up the garden I noticed that there was a white patch still on the lawn so I was out with the camera and it was the remains of a small snake.  I didn't know that cats went for snakes...but they are now welcome in my garden.  

Quick shower for me now that the tennis is finished.  There's nothing much on the agenda for tomorrow so far....but I think it might be time to visit a pool.  LN....Time for tennis catch up....LN

Attachment: cat_through_the_window_5716.jpg
Size: 46.34 KB

Attachment: remains_of_the_snake_8341.jpg
Size: 77.23 KB

Attachment: bit_gory_7946.jpg
Size: 81.86 KB

Attachment: trying_to_work_it_out_4447.jpg
Size: 84.35 KB

Attachment: these_seem_to_have_taken_5761.jpg
Size: 68.71 KB

Attachment: gentle_sunset_2149.jpg
Size: 43.60 KB

Attachment: billy_moon_3221.jpg
Size: 16.86 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 8, 2017, 5:34pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 8th July

Back to my six thirty starts and I ate all the bubble gum and spread the jam....this is thanks to Candy Crush.  I realised that I'd left the hose on the garden all night so went out to switch it off...everything was still standing and not too waterlogged and the plants look healthier for it.  On to the next station and dropped the hose off and switched on the outside tap....in this heat...the plants really need it.  So the remains of the poppies have been dug up...I've only one bed to tackle.  They are looking really bedraggled with only a few flowers so it was over the wall with them.

The final plant surround was sorted and is in place....it does look a little bit Brahms and List...I think it's the lie of the land.  Planted up another couple of tobacco into one of the poppy gaps under the main terrace wall...one is looking good ....the other I think needs a little more time.  As for the rest of the garden....I was surprised by a gladiola that suddenly appeared.  It' a beautiful two tone and there are four of its mates ready to burst forth.  The oleander is in full flower,the weigelas are all doing well and they'll all do better when I get that sheep poo down and out of the bags.

So this afternoon it was back to the swimming pool in Kardjali.  They appear to hitch up the prices for Saturday and Sunday but you certainly don't get the jumpers there and if you do, the man is soon out with his whistle.  Home for eight....I didn't fancy stopping off for food....I felt clean and tired after my three swims, managing to do about ten widths of a very wide pool each time, so I think it might be a ham sandwich or fish fingers if I can raise the energy.  The swimming things are in the washing machine and will be out on the line ready for tomorrow...shame not to.  LN....It's been a good day....LN

Attachment: beautiful_gladiola_1569.jpg
Size: 89.41 KB

Attachment: and_the_oleander_2013.jpg
Size: 88.82 KB

Attachment: buddlea_flowering_2386.jpg
Size: 92.26 KB

Attachment: weigela_1509.jpg
Size: 152.35 KB

Attachment: sheep_droppings_waiting_to_be_spread_3053.jpg
Size: 108.24 KB

Attachment: two_new_petunia_pots_7951.jpg
Size: 119.17 KB

Attachment: stacked_for_doing_stuff_with_2646.jpg
Size: 127.75 KB

Attachment: and_off_it_goes_7678.jpg
Size: 108.49 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 9 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 9, 2017, 5:38pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 9th July

Six start but then I went back to sleep until eight...well it is Sunday.  Took out the poppies from the little bed under the wall on the main terrace and discovered an hydrangea that I'd totally forgotten so gave it a good watering.  I went down to the bread van...the remains of my last loaf had been scattered on to the hillside for the animals...there was a feint hint of green about it....and I refuse to pick it out.

Last night was strange.  We were settled down for the night when there was a rattle on the door at ten thirty.  My guest went to find out what it was about and one of my ladies from the square down by the little mosque was delivering some weird pancake type things and kept saying that they were hot and should be eaten straight away.  So today at the bread van I mentioned it top my Avatar who said that she was really frightened, had been asleep and had to get dressed to open the door.  I'm still not sure if there was a religious significance to it...but please can we have it earlier in the evening.  As it happened I pan fried them for breakfast with bacon and an egg...did it for me.

So today's task was to get the lawn mower out and finish the grass that I'd left from last time in front of the little house.  That done and put to bed it was out with the bowl of hot water with washing up liquid in it...Fairy of course..remove old nail varnish, soak the feet in the bowl, take out a couple of printed sudoku that I'd not managed to do, clean the said feet and apply new nail varnish.  Jobs a guddun...now I have green toe nails.  

There's been a steady flow of neighbours today.  My Avatar was round this morning, Gouldjan's mother appeared with a huge bucket of yogurt and a present from Gouldjan who came over while I was in the UK, Byser brought round a wedding invitation for and Haciber arrived with a bucket of tomatoes from her garden and another invitation to a baby party for the nineteenth of this month.   The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the athletics and then the rowing from Lucerne.  Jacket potatoes for supper with a gammon steak topped off with honey and roasted tomatoes.  I'm now heading downstairs to get some of that delicious yogurt with some peach jam in it...rude not to as it came as a gift.
After that I shall be running round with the hose...it's been a corker of a day again...those flowers must be thirsty.  LN....A woman's work is never done...LN

Attachment: my_invitation_to_the_wedding_5753.jpg
Size: 142.38 KB

Attachment: cleared_bed_2221.jpg
Size: 131.89 KB

Attachment: debris_970.jpg
Size: 92.09 KB

Attachment: wild_plums_that_i_should_do_something_with_4896.jpg
Size: 108.28 KB

Attachment: three_sunflowers_on_one_stem_1019.jpg
Size: 139.30 KB

Attachment: bastard_bovine_nobbled_this_one_661.jpg
Size: 89.04 KB

Attachment: they_missed_this_one_3650.jpg
Size: 78.56 KB

Attachment: tobacco_bed_2116.jpg
Size: 109.72 KB

Attachment: off_it_goes_5919.jpg
Size: 83.82 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 10 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 10, 2017, 5:46pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 10th July

Not a very good night last night...the moon was very bright and I'd forgotten to draw the curtains but it was just too warm to settle.  I slept under the quilt at first and then found myself on top of the quilt with only a sheet over me but it was disturbed until six this morning.  Anyway...onward and upward into the day...I got out the sprinkler and moved it about the garden covering all bases so that everything got a good drink....and it's been a corker for most of the day.

Normal bacon and egg for breakfast followed by toast....it can't be doing me much harm...I tried on a dress that I'd got from one of my cheapy shops and it fits me better than when I bought it.  Just a few more pounds to go and it can be put into the 'available' group and I love the colour...emerald green cotton and looks great with a suntan.  

Had myself a bonfire and cleared the debris from yesterday and the kitchen waste and it suddenly struck me that my neighbours still know that there's  life in the old bird when they see the smoke.  I stripped both beds and got the washing out on the line when the smoke had cleared and the rest of the morning was spent pottering in the garden weeding beds, strimming the grass between the house and the wall and then I walked down and had a few words with my Avatar sitting in her garden.  Several of the neighbours had gone into Djebel for market day...I prefer to leave it until it's less busy so I'm going in tomorrow.

At one this afternoon I felt incredibly tired so got my head down on the sofa waking up just before three.  I got the washing in and made up the beds, took myself outside and sat watching the world.  I settled myself in the garden and cleared the weeds out of another couple of beds.  I dug up a couple of beetroot, peeled and chopped them ready for roasting, cut up a red cabbage and peeled a couple of onions.  Everything went into the oven with the large potatoes and all that was left to do was to pan fry the bacon chops when everything else was ready.  Don't like work me...

I realised that the tennis was on and tuned in to watch Andy your actual beat the French guy.  He was interviewed by some silly female after the game and he looked totally fazed by the questions...it's a wonder he bothered to stand there and answer them.  Supper is over and was delicious and I followed it with Gouldjan's mum's yogurt...it's just so creamy and now I'm watching Nadal who's made it back from two sets down.  Tomorrow I'm taking the Beast in to the garage...that pesky oil light is still flickering occasionally and when I check it there's not a problem with the oil.  I'm thinking that there is a certain vibration that just upsets one of the contacts.  Into Kardjali after that...we have a bus ticket to buy for the thirteenth...my guest is homeward bound and we'll probably end up at our new found swimming pool.  Only one photo of last night's moon taken from my desk...I've been far too busy today catching up on my sleep and weeding.  LN...Promise to do better....LN

Attachment: from_my_desk_last_night_4861.jpg
Size: 16.13 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 11 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 11, 2017, 6:15pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Tuesday 11th July

Six start and a brilliant night’s sleep despite the night time heat.  It’s been chugging along at the high thirties all day.  I was down for coffee at seven, washed up last night’s offerings and took my coffee on to the terrace to watch the morning.  The martins were invading, squadrons at the ready and I'm not sure why they all head for the one nest and you never really get the perfect shot. I planted up some things that I dug up yesterday and put in water over night next to the tobacco under the main terrace wall, gave everything else on the terrace a good drink and deadheaded the geraniums to give the new ones a chance.

Tomatoes on toast for breakfast and I always feel that that stays with me for a long time.  I think it’s something to do with digesting the seeds.  I headed over to see my Avatar to see if she wanted anything from Kardjali but nothing was added to my shopping list.

Into Djebel for ten more or less, picked up the mini bolts and nuts that I wanted for my climbing plant supports and the polythene for the adjustments to the garden propagator that I’ll be photographing when it’s finished.  As it sat on the vegetable garden it was too tall, I couldn’t get inside it to dig the garden over and weeding it was a nightmare so it went back to the drawing board.  Into Kardjali and picked up the bus ticket for my guest for Thursday, saw a child’s chair in one of the leva shops that had to be purchased, on to my cheapy shop and got a couple of bargains and then back to the swimming pool overlooking Kardjali.  It wasn’t too busy and shaded sun beds were available.  Good exercise for me…in two sessions I managed about twenty widths of the pool and I should make it twice a week on a regular basis…I’ll put it on my ‘to do’ list.

Lidl for a few items…that pesky oil light is still flashing on and off so it’s going into the garage tomorrow….there’s nothing wrong with the oil volume and pressure but it’s just worrying.  So watching the tennis and the internet connection has gone down….I’m putting this together in word and hopefully I can post later.  No supper for me…..we had lunch at the pool and it’s sitting heavy.  LN…Yogurt should settle my gut…LN

Internet came back up obviously and I'm absolutely thrilled that Jo Konta has got through to the semis at Wimbledon......LN

Attachment: end_of_sunset_last_night_8887.jpg
Size: 18.87 KB

Attachment: billy_moon_2846.jpg
Size: 14.91 KB

Attachment: full_frontal_2883.jpg
Size: 15.93 KB

Attachment: squadron_at_the_ready_440.jpg
Size: 74.22 KB

Attachment: loads_of_them_5934.jpg
Size: 74.71 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 12 - 36
July 11, 2017, 10:00pm Report to Moderator

Big Poster
Posts: 50
Gender: Male
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Location: Varna
"that pesky oil light is still flashing on and off"

A little internet investigation, possibly one of two things. Insufficient oil pressure, possible wearing out of the oil pump.

Or, an intermittant wiring problem between the oil pressure warning switch and the fuse.

Internet forums don't mention much else.

Needs fixing though before it becomes a more expensive problem, such as new crankshaft bearings because of no oil pressure, and , or, the cam shaft at the top of the engine block.

By the way I did send another facebook message about cancelling our meeting.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 12, 2017, 5:08pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 12th July

Thanks for doing the investigation TC....your words of wisdom have been noted....

I couldn't get off to sleep last night.  There was nothing tazzing around in my brain but maybe it was the full moon and the heat.  Down for coffee at six thirty and got the hose out to get the ball rolling.....moving it round the various beds...much less hassle than standing there with the hose.

I didn't bother with breakfast and gave my guest free run of the kitchen.  I wanted to get the Beast sorted before the others got in there first but my garage guy was having a lie in but his brother was there.  I explained the problem, his solution was to give it an oil change and change both the filters and guess what...it's worked.  No flashing red light on the dash....I suppose it's that hot that it goes like water and does nothing at all.  It also didn't help that I'd missed the due date for the work to be done....so black mark to me.  The other thing that I'd missed by four days was the MOT so I went home, I made myself a bacon sandwich, finished off some work in the garden and set out for Kardjali complete with swimming gear.....it would have been totally rude not to.

I sailed through the MOT...they're almost sticking the tag on the window before they put the car on the rollers to check the brakes.  Everything now is computerised though....pictures of everything....but they didn't take my inside leg measurement but perhaps they have that already.  Then over to the swimming pool that we seem to have adopted and even though it looked like thunder was pending, it was beautiful in the pool.  We were lucky according to the internet...that thunder storm has brought gigantic hailstones to some parts of Bulgaria.  I also managed to get some photos of what appears to be a hotel complex starting and the bungalows look really impressive.  The roof tiles look very original...two tone and not the usual red or red.

So home for six twenty...the chicken is in along with potatoes and onions and I'm just waiting for supper to finish cooking.  So Andy your actual is out along with Nadal so I have to find someone to support alongside Jo going in to the last few days.  Early start...I have to get my guest on to the six o'clock Sofia bus from Kardjali.  LN...I've now got to remember how to set the numerous alarms....LN

Attachment: beast_getting_sorted_618.jpg
Size: 106.79 KB

Attachment: not_much_water_in_the_river_by_the_garage_8434.jpg
Size: 110.03 KB

Attachment: just_a_few_wet_areas_263.jpg
Size: 159.32 KB

Attachment: fish_were_gasping_6729.jpg
Size: 134.14 KB

Attachment: cows_having_no_joy_either_5116.jpg
Size: 162.56 KB

Attachment: digger_trying_to_get_things_moving_3335.jpg
Size: 149.91 KB

Attachment: new_bungalows_at_the_pool_4708.jpg
Size: 134.81 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 14 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 13, 2017, 5:03pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 13th July

So after setting the alarm on my phone and on my new Lenovo for four fifteen this morning, I woke up in a panic thinking that I'd missed both of them, came round quickly and heard noises downstairs.  My guest was out and about and it was only four.  I read for a while and went down at four thirty, made coffee, went back upstairs, got into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and I was ready to leave.  There was obviously the last minute panic, I managed to turn my alarms off quickly but my guests seemed to have the alarm on his farm on repeat but at five ten, we were ready for the off.  We went down the back lane and within twenty minutes we were in Kardjali...it really does cut time and kilometres off the journey.  He was on to the bus, had a single seat at the front of the mini-bus and I confirmed with the driver that he wanted to be let off before the terminal...it makes it easier to get into the airport and he phoned me at nine thirty to say that he'd got a taxi straight away and was waiting for security to open...So far so good...

As I drove home the sun was coming up and boy was it big and very red and where was my camera?  Both were back at the house.  There was very little traffic, back up the back lane, parked up in the drive and straight into the kitchen for more coffee.  I set about getting the bedroom sorted, I stripped all the bedding and got the washing machine into action, five loads were out, five loads came back in dry just before the thunder and lightening, colossal winds and driving rain.  Meanwhile back at the ranch...I sat on the sofa and got my head down  and woke up just before the storm started.  I made the bed up feeling refreshed after my forty winks, sorted the bathroom, washed up from last night's supper and got back into my book.  I'm still on the same one I was reading when my guest arrived...it's boring me but I'm determined.

So tennis this afternoon and I was sad to see Jo out but Venus played well so deservedly through to the final.  Unfortunately I had two visits to the wall....a bastard bovine was heading for my large sunflower against the wall...I managed to chase it off but it stood watching me, I came back in, it doubled back and had the top of it.  I was out again but it was too late.  I should know better by now.  Few clouds in the sky but I think the rain has gone over now....another lazy day tomorrow...LN....Back to home alone....LN

Attachment: not_a_day_for_the_balcony_8516.jpg
Size: 96.42 KB

Attachment: and_from_my_desk_7329.jpg
Size: 76.82 KB

Attachment: weed_but_pretty_726.jpg
Size: 96.40 KB

Attachment: bastard_bovine_8823.jpg
Size: 149.51 KB

Attachment: green_wild_plums_9521.jpg
Size: 109.04 KB

Attachment: loads_of_them_3655.jpg
Size: 122.94 KB

Attachment: now_turning_purple_8642.jpg
Size: 101.00 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 15 - 36
July 13, 2017, 5:27pm Report to Moderator

Big Poster
Posts: 75
Gender: Male
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Location: South of the City
You need a Spud Gun!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 14, 2017, 4:53pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Friday 14th July

Well it's like this Mikey B....why settle for a spud gun when I've got two of the real things hanging about the house...    I did intend getting out there with my 'bangers' but I have this dread that I could be minus a couple of fingers all for the sake of a sunflower....ooopppsss....but thanks for the advice

Now at two this morning I was wide awake and not even sure of the reason why.  I played Soda Crush for a while, realised that I was falling asleep at that so did manage to close it up and get back off again.  Six start and down for coffee at six thirty and went out to the garden and viewed the estate.  The ground was so good after yesterday's downpour that I decided it was time to plant up the new fire pit bed and I'd got a bowl of baby tobacco that had to go somewhere.  I finished it off with a very pretty berberis that I found in Haskovo and surrounded the edge with petunias from a very overcrowded pot so all my plants are a little happier today.

I caught up with my sudoku from the last couple of days and didn't bother with breakfast.  My telephone rang and it was the lady from the Rogosche post office...I had two letter awaiting collection.  I left it for a while, washed, dressed but unfortunately there was no spare parts from Germany for my strimmer...they were only letters from my English bank.  After that I headed for Djebel and caught up with my student's mum from the garage....and spent about an hour there.  Did a little shopping, car put away and settled down on the sofa, waves of tiredness swept over me so I headed off into the land of nod for about an hour.  I think the tiredness is seeping out of me and with the lawn that has suddenly taken off again...I need to get my strength up...

I didn't wake up naturally which would have been nice...there was a drummer going for it big time with a clarinet player filling all the gaps and I suddenly remembered that it's the wedding tomorrow and tonight it's the henna ceremony in Djebel where the man claims his bride and they have a gathering in the centre of town with music and dancing.  I suppose some of the younger villagers are going but I've made no arrangements so far...but there's still time.

At the moment I'm watching the Federer match....and it's exciting so I'm off.  LN...A very pleasant evening...LN

Attachment: love_the_mist_in_the_valley_8962.jpg
Size: 96.42 KB

Attachment: new_bed_planted_up_1548.jpg
Size: 145.70 KB

Attachment: and_gladioli_survived_360.jpg
Size: 130.48 KB

Attachment: old_hollyhocks_didnt_6858.jpg
Size: 156.77 KB

Attachment: rain_perked_everything_up_5331.jpg
Size: 141.49 KB

Attachment: looking_green_against_the_new_wall_5148.jpg
Size: 145.49 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 17 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 15, 2017, 5:17pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 15th July

It's been a dull old day today, I felt out of sorts with the weather and generally flat as a pancake.  For me that's not normal and I wanted to shut my door, leave the key on the inside and generally receive no visitors and not really get up to much.  So I didn't.

I sat out on the terrace watching the morning and got my book out and eventually finished it....and thank goodness for that.  There's two more in the series by the same author but it's going to be a while before I start it.  I made breakfast and checked out the garden and the plants that I put in yesterday seem to be getting their little feet down.  The new bed has a good amount of soil treated to a good deal of 'vitamins' last year and a bag of sheep droppings went in as well so they should do OK.  I kept looking at the lawn...it was overcast so it wouldn't have been a hard job doing it but it's like they say about ironing, the hardest part is getting out the equipment and plugging in the iron.  It's a job that can go on the top of the list for tomorrow along with the weeding since that last storm really made them spring up again.  I didn't even get that bonfire going...lazy or what.

It's been a day of tennis.  I watched the women's final and I was disappointed, I wanted a game of it and it didn't turn out that way.  I'm watching the men's doubles final and that's proving to be a match at least as did the men's wheelchair final and 'the boys done good' by retaining the title.  No supper for me tonight....breakfast is hanging heavy, I can pull on my reserves ...I shan't starve.  So the camera hasn't been out either...I promise to do better tomorrow and hopefully will have a good night's sleep and get my mojo back.  LN..Back to the tennis...LN
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 18 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 16, 2017, 4:19pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 16th July

I'm back.....yesterday was an anomaly....I don't normally get down but I'm up again.  I woke at six but stayed in bed until seven, got my coffee, and sat out on the terrace and worked out a plan of campaign.  As I heard yesterday...a battle plan looks great until the battle starts and then you have to be prepared for the changes that have to be made.  I came in and managed to catch Monty Don and picked up some interesting gardening facts...I'm always willing to learn. Stripped the covers from the lounge sofa...it was looking a little grubby and there was a fairly swift wind blowing so I knew they would dry quickly.  The bonfire was lit and roared into life and then I set about clearing the remaining old poppies that had no life left in them and to chop back one off the old trees on the long wall that has lots of suckers growing from it.  These were swamping the berberis and wasn't letting it show its trued colour....and now it is.  I got the washing out even though the clouds were gathering and crossing my fingers at the same time and realised that I was hungry.  Bacon and egg sandwich and yet more coffee and managed my Sunday Sudoku in record time and I heard a car pull up outside, there were two and I didn't recognise either of them and the next thing there are visitors at my door.

It was a lovely surprise....two of the ladies are from Turkey and the third from Holland and they come round when they are visiting their mother in the next village.  The older lady has three amazingly pretty girls but only two were with her today.  We sat outside, the little ones were in the garden and playing with the pottery animals and they handed me a present which they insisted I opened and it was a covered cake stand from Ankara.  The little girls insisted that they saw inside the house so everyone followed for the conducted tour.  Off they went and not half an hour later there were three teenage girls that I'd never met before, they were typical giggly, spoke very little English although they'd have several years learning it.....typical....we only teach grammar so that you can read it and write it.  Eventually they left and at last I could get to the computer to watch the men's Wimbledon final....but not much of a contest was it.  The amount of times the one playing Federer bounced the balls, it's a wonder there was any fuzz left on them.  The mixed doubles is on now but TV Catchup has been a real pain in the proverbial...it keeps freezing and I'm not sure if a blocker has been put on it.

Jacket potato already in and chicken wings thawing and about to follow the potato into the oven.  Nothing concrete on the agenda for tomorrow....I'm going to continue down the wall and then get some cuttings underway.  Best laid plans again....   So back to the tennis.....LN...Serious viewing to be done.....LN

Attachment: delightful_guests_this_afternoon_2853.jpg
Size: 83.59 KB

Attachment: busy_in_the_garden_6850.jpg
Size: 125.86 KB

Attachment: bonbon_or_cake_stand_gift_9470.jpg
Size: 78.98 KB

Attachment: bastard_bovine_sunflower_muncher_4.jpg
Size: 116.54 KB

Attachment: thats_looking_neater_2661.jpg
Size: 152.50 KB

Attachment: aromatic_lavender_4045.jpg
Size: 168.24 KB

Attachment: targetes_or_a_variation_of_6478.jpg
Size: 150.63 KB

Attachment: jasmine_going_crazy_6424.jpg
Size: 95.71 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 19 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 16, 2017, 4:23pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
And there's more

Attachment: yet_to_be_distributed_5600.jpg
Size: 113.08 KB

Attachment: gift_from_my_neighbour_3631.jpg
Size: 133.79 KB

Attachment: good_show_of_zinnias_2091.jpg
Size: 150.54 KB

Attachment: kerria_second_flowering_7082.jpg
Size: 87.85 KB

Attachment: giant_weeds_removed_2411.jpg
Size: 146.52 KB

Attachment: white_ones_are_back_3796.jpg
Size: 94.06 KB

Attachment: giant_sunflower_220.jpg
Size: 88.19 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 20 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 17, 2017, 5:29pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 17th July

It was a six start, the weather was dull and drab and not really worth getting up for.  The beauty of it was I didn't have to go anywhere, do anything, and meet anyone.  This again a morning myth.....I phoned the Librarian to see how she was...her guests had gone...her computer wasn't working, I was more or less out of coffee so we decided that a trip to Kardjali could be on the cards...I think we both needed a day out.

I got ready for town, decided that it was cold enough for a cardigan so cut up and cropped a red t-shirt thinking that it would go well with my orange and red cardi.  As it was, when I did it and put it on I didn't like it so it was back to my navy one, on with my necklace and she arrived just before twelve and off we set.  As I said it was a dull old day and surprisingly cold for July and driving into Kardjali, the heavens opened and the wipers were on a full whack.  There was lots of traffic so we decided to leave the reporting of the computer to the electrical shop until we were leaving so we parked in our normal paid parking spot.  We walked to our cheapy shop and I picked up a t-shirt with a lovely slogan on the back that could be framed...the assistant wanted me to translate it into Bulgarian for her so I really tried but she managed to ask her assistant and she came back to me with the translation...I'll stick to English.  I also found a t-shirt for her to frame that will go superbly well in her red and white bathroom....it shows several bottle of Heinz tomato ketchup...qwerky.

We went for lunch at one of the bigger restaurants and settled for salad, chippies, chicken in a crispy batter and a four cheese pizza.  We were both stuffed to the gills but managed to push it down. I think we'll both me skipping supper tonight.  I paid my M-Tel bill, stopped off at my china shop, picked up a peculiar vase that on reflection upside down looks like and alien and bought a couple of candle holders, one for each of us.  Over to the computer shop, the lady plugged it in and it appeared to work properly so with egg on our faces we headed home.

One cup of coffee each and off she headed and we both agreed that it had been good to catch up and do what we would normally do.  Harold was out but at a distance...you'll have to look closely.  LN....Eggheads is on...LN

Attachment: tshirt_slogan_7300.jpg
Size: 66.14 KB

Attachment: spotted_harold_353.jpg
Size: 75.94 KB

Attachment: somewhere_in_there_6252.jpg
Size: 71.31 KB

Attachment: sundown_4284.jpg
Size: 46.46 KB

Attachment: vase_but_looks_like_and_alien_to_me_9953.jpg
Size: 41.03 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 21 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 18, 2017, 5:20pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Tuesday 18th July

Bit of a silly night last night.....I went to bed at ten with the Kindle, hadn't bothered with supper and ended up eating a packet of chocolate coated peanuts and had a sugar rush at two thirty this morning.  Ended up reading until four thirty and managed to get back off until six thirty.  It was the rain that woke me up...it was pouring down.  It was back to bed with a coffee and I stayed there until eightish got washed and dressed and hoped that I could get out into the garden later that day...that's if it stopped raining....it would be easy to pull out the weeds.  But it was cold and I didn't hold out much hope.  It got lighter so I put a load of washing in but at eleven thirty Remsie was knocking at my door.  She wanted to know if I had any work in Momchilgrad and by that I knew that she wanted to go thee for something but couldn't explain where they wanted to go.  Now she doesn't ask for much so I agreed to pick her up at twelve but by quarter to she was ready for town and her and a daughter were back at my door.

Off we set down the back lane and it turned out to be very muddy because of all the rain we've had.  We were there for just after twelve and it turned out we were heading for the mosque where the hojja had a walk in centre for people who were ill or thought they had problems.  The reckoned it would only take about ten minutes but when we saw the number of people waiting...I knew we were in for the long haul.  I set about taking photos while they were talking with others who were waiting but after an hour ...the men started arriving and washing their feet and the rest for the next prayer session in the mosque, the hojja gave up on his listening and enter the mosque to conduct the prayers....and we're still waiting yea, yea, yea.  So prayers over, normal service was resumed and Remsie and her daughter eventually got in to see him at just after three.  At this point I was still sitting enjoying the quiet when two ladies arrived and I thought I heard them speaking English. I didn't say anything but then they approached me and asked me in Bulgarian if I was waiting to see the hojja.  I explained that I wasn't and that I was English and at that they burst forth....they were originally from Bulgaria but had lived in London for twenty years and were contemplating returning.  I think I'd describe the hojja as a soothsayer or spiritual guide.  Remsie and her daughter emerged, we decided to take the highway back to Djebel and stop off at the supermarket for a few things.  I dropped them off, money was offered which I refused...I'll take coffee with them at some point or head off to Izmir to enjoy the daughter's hospitality.

So it was four when we got back and cold so I gave in and lit the fire.  I cooked one of the spicy sausage that I'd bought at the supermarket with an onion and had an early supper and I've just finished it off with yogurt with pine syrup....and I’m now being informed that there is no internet connection so I’ve copied and pasted this over to Word while I investigate.  

It’s been a very gentle day and sitting in the garden at the mosque was very ‘centring’….I hope that Remsie and her daughter received the help that they needed and that the two ladies will be able to make informed decision.  I kept the thought in my head…the past has gone, the future hasn’t arrived so live in the moment.   LN …Time to throw another log on the fire…LN

Attachment: first_view_of_the_mosque_7363.jpg
Size: 82.46 KB

Attachment: central_mosque_5395.jpg
Size: 68.02 KB

Attachment: back_minerette_8847.jpg
Size: 78.36 KB

Attachment: drinking_fountain_4887.jpg
Size: 84.33 KB

Attachment: window_detail_5766.jpg
Size: 64.80 KB

Attachment: wash_centre_1812.jpg
Size: 79.05 KB

Attachment: tiling_detail_8890.jpg
Size: 120.44 KB

Attachment: hojja_room_8368.jpg
Size: 92.29 KB

Attachment: high_tower_8431.jpg
Size: 61.34 KB

Attachment: threatened_due_to_hunger_1315.jpg
Size: 96.38 KB

Attachment: graveyard_2106.jpg
Size: 153.72 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 22 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 19, 2017, 7:03pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 19th July

Five thirty start and what a lovely morning it was in Narnia...we have the mist in the valley and all's good with the world.  I didn't set to straight away...I got my coffee and headed back to bed and played around with Candy Crush managing to find the bears and spread the jam everywhere...well it kept me quiet for a while.  Washed dressed and down for breakfast and the idea was to have a ham sandwich which somehow progressed to a spicy sausage fried and an egg which sat so heavy that I had to come in from sorting out the weeds.  It was just too much bending over with such a full stomach.

Eventually I went out there again after downing several glasses of water but by this time the sun had got pretty hot so again I wasn't in it for the long haul but I did manage to clear the frog garden, the vegetable patch which will have more beetroot planted tomorrow and then it was definitely time for a little siesta.  I had my head down for about an hour and a half then back to it....I cleared under the wall by the lilac and the flower beds either side and then dug out the trench for the wooden edging but its actual placement and staining will be tomorrow.

Shower and shampoo and ready by five forty for the baby party.  It's my Avatar's son's first grandson and we were heading into Djebel to play pin the dosh on the little one and his parents.  We piled on to the coach and I had to help a few up the steps and as we were driving in I spotted the Emergency Exit and it suddenly occurred to me that we wouldn't managed to get a lot of them up there and the ones that were left we would never get them through it.  I prayed for a safe journey...

It was at a new venue for me...in the square, the meal was more or less the same that you always get.  There were about one hundred and fifty there, mother, sister and grandmothers were all dressed to kill while my Turkish ladies were as you would expect.  I do think this is the end of an era in Bulgaria...a lot of the sons of my generation mostly work abroad, their children work abroad to and the villages will die with the older generation...such a shame.  I saw people that I hadn't seen for a while and it was good to catch up and by eight thirty the money had been collected, the photographs taken and Haciber was rushing to get us back on the coach.  Uneventful journey back through the forest and good to be out but even better to be home and we have another one at the weekend for another new arrival.  

The list is building for tomorrow....LN...Need to get my strength up...LN

Attachment: another_beautiful_morning_in_narnia_3191.jpg
Size: 83.36 KB

Attachment: the_cows_missed_this_one_6287.jpg
Size: 141.31 KB

Attachment: ding_and_off_we_go_5670.jpg
Size: 107.03 KB

Attachment: through_the_forest_4938.jpg
Size: 140.83 KB

Attachment: the_venue_8381.jpg
Size: 107.94 KB

Attachment: avatar_with_great_grandson_1396.jpg
Size: 99.96 KB

Attachment: mother_and_daughter_and_baby_1887.jpg
Size: 70.78 KB

Attachment: proud_grandmother_6532.jpg
Size: 103.56 KB

Attachment: proud_father_6966.jpg
Size: 78.38 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 23 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 19, 2017, 7:11pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
And a few more

Attachment: wrecking_the_tableau_6001.jpg
Size: 78.72 KB

Attachment: with_the_favours_1279.jpg
Size: 89.20 KB

Attachment: the_gifts_935.jpg
Size: 91.88 KB

Attachment: money_table_3181.jpg
Size: 111.97 KB

Attachment: dessert_6923.jpg
Size: 92.30 KB

Attachment: emergency_exit_8787.jpg
Size: 66.33 KB

Attachment: and_home_again_2449.jpg
Size: 58.11 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 24 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 20, 2017, 6:09pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 20th July

Seven start and a lovely night's sleep.  There were a few odd noises last night as I was settling down and I couldn't understand them but as I opened up the lounge door to tilt and turn a ginger cat emerged from under the pillows on the terrace sofa.  I think they might have to come in tonight...I am not a home for waifs and strays.  I went down to the bread van this morning and was surprised to see the bridegroom from the other day pursuing his normal routine.  I mentioned it to his grandmother and was told that they're going away later.  Ham sandwich with the fresh bread for breakfast but it didn't seem as fresh as it normally does but it served its purpose.

The grass was still fairly damp from the overnight dew so the lawn was on the back boiler.  It was on today's list and I was determined to get it done but I suppose I was delaying it.  The internet was up and down this morning...I was doing my Sudoku and off it went so a few games of Freecell and then out to the garden.  I looked at the poor bottle brush and realised that it was about time I repotted it...it was looking very sorry for itself so I removed it from the pot and it was very dry inside despite the downpours of the last couple of days.  I gave it a good drink, cut off the top of a garden bucket which had split at the bottom, put it in one of the new large plastic buckets and put it all back together again with new soil from the vegetable garden.  I tidied up the rest of the pots and that's where I found my large moth that was obviously hoping to keep hidden....it's now sitting on the terrace....still.  The other job was to clear up the sawdust from the little house workshop from the window sills and clear the cobwebs...you could hardly see out.

Twelve thirty and I struck up the lawnmower.  I came in at one thirty after completing about half of it, checked emails and topped up with water and then back out again but before I could start the second half I had to dig up some hollyhock self sets and I've put them in a bucket to plant up tomorrow.  Back to the lawn and everything done just after three.  Carried on with the tidying, watered everything, out with the strimmer, did the front between the wall and the house and the yard.  

So I've decided not to go to the wedding henna party tonight in Djebel...I felt really quite knacked after doing the grass....I need a bath to sooth the aching bones.  More ham sandwiches for supper  and half a pot of yogurt....I was reading up this afternoon about  what zinc and magnesium do in the body and I realise that I'm probably depleted of zinc.  One of the telltale signs is week nails and white lines in them and I've got both....so I'm going to concentrate on improving my diet.  On the other hand I Googled why my cosmos hadn't flowered and it's because they have too much nitrogen.   What you get to know it you put the right words in the search.

So tomorrow I'm off to pay my car insurance..it's not finished but will be by next week and its the only thing outstanding on the Beast. Lovely sunset tonight and a beautiful calm evening.  LN...A little tele and bedtime...LN

Attachment: uncoverd_this_641.jpg
Size: 149.27 KB

Attachment: giant_grey_moth_1531.jpg
Size: 122.31 KB

Attachment: lawn_done_9759.jpg
Size: 113.92 KB

Attachment: need_a_few_more_flower_beds_7068.jpg
Size: 123.75 KB

Attachment: cosmos_still_not_flowering_7799.jpg
Size: 175.54 KB

Attachment: and_off_it_goes_6045.jpg
Size: 64.54 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 25 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 21, 2017, 5:59pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Friday 21st July

What a stupid night...I went to bed at half ten and unfortunately woke up at midnight....no glass slipper in sight....so it was a quick reach for the Kindle and settled into the book.  I had one more attempt to get off but to no avail and it was four thirty when I put my head down on the pillow.  Six thirty when I came round again so I was up, washed and dressed and sitting on the terrace with the coffee by seven.  As I approached the outside chairs the cat shot off...it obviously likes it here.....now where's that pepper.  I was entertained by the martins, the woodpecker was sauntering up and down the mulberry but that was before I managed to get the camera outside.

I had one or two conversations on messenger, I got the thought of going swimming in my head but I decided to work on the garden instead.  I had breakfast first consisting of toast with Marmite and headed up to do the DM Sudoku which turned out to be a real challenge.  I ended up printing it off....three failed attempts on screen doesn't do the ego any good but you do get a record time when you enter it from the paper copy.  I emptied the old potting compost from the various containers and it's now sittings in the wheel barrow and hasn't made it yet to the bottom of the garden.  First job for tomorrow.  

I came in for cold drink and a nap and at two my painter was in the garden wanting to borrow my hedge cutters.  He's got work in Djebel tomorrow and I really should buy him a pair when Lidl have them next on offer.  The rest of the afternoon was spent weeding the top flower beds...it's not something I like doing but the poor plants were having to compete with the weeds for moisture so I knocked out the competition.  The hose is going round the garden....it's been a scorcher today so they really do need a good drink.  I've watch my favourite programmes, a jacket potato went in at six and I've just split it and topped it with loads of butter and cheese and it should be finished now.  Tomorrow I've another baby party...it must be something in the water.  LN..Supper and time to move the hose....LN

Attachment: morning_ballet_1470.jpg
Size: 101.91 KB

Attachment: just_the_reflection_1674.jpg
Size: 98.67 KB

Attachment: and_off_it_goes_1875.jpg
Size: 56.98 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 26 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 22, 2017, 5:19pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 22nd July

Lovely night's sleep...the sleep of the just and a seven start.  I was out there watering the pots and getting soaked when I don't quite get the hose right but it was a beautiful morning.  While the hose was doing its thing attached to the spray in the side garden, I sat and had my coffee and I had yet another wonderful display by the martins and I'm really not sure why they all congregate around a nest with a baby without they're trying to give it encouragement to get out there and fly.

I headed down to the bread van at nine...it was late this morning and there was a party air around my Avatar's house....Haciber was out with a box of very sticky chocolates brought over from somewhere and that appeared to be my breakfast.  The van eventually came and I confirmed that the baby party was today at eleven and the bus would be there promptly.  So I came back with fresh bread and a cheesy bun and that with another cup of coffee was my breakfast.  Work in the garden was finished for the time being, it was heading for ten by the time breakfast was over so I was showered and shampooed and at the allotted hour I was on my way to the meeting point.  As it happened I met the bus going down and he turned round and headed for the shade and the ladies assembled in Avatar's garden as there appeared to be a problem with the bus.  So we waited and ten minutes later another appeared and the first one set off for another venue....no scheduling here.

We loaded up and headed for Djebel...there was one stop to pick up a few more but the majority of the people were from Djebel itself with only a few from our village.  It was the same venue, same menu, same format, same guests more or less but I was with different people on my table.   There was a brief incident when I covered the bread with my serviette to keep the flies away, decided to put what I thought was an ashtray on top of it to keep the serviette in place only to find that it was the salt container so it was spilt everywhere.  Of course some of it had to go over my shoulder for luck....and then the bottle of fizzy was tipped over so we called ourselves the accident table....

It was a very young baby that managed to sleep most of the way through it and was eventually taken away by the father back to the apartment.  I did managed to get quite a few photos with the zoom on...it saves making yourself really obvious when there are so many people around.  Back on to the bus and home by three and for me it was head down for the rest of the afternoon.  I made a coffee which was still by my side when I woke so I'm expecting a disturbed night....three hours in the afternoon is quite a 'nap'.  I've just had a visit from my Avatar's daughter in law with the new baby and he loved my swinging chair...at only ten months he seems to have spirit but no teeth and I made the comment that he's like his great grandmother...she's got some but they normally sit in the glass...she doesn't like them.  I showed her the photos from the other day and just posted them on her FB page.

Nothing on the agenda for tomorrow....a little light gardening in the morning and I'll probably find a swimming pool later...much too hot not to.  Friends are all busy with guests and family over from the UK so I'll enjoy the peace and solitude...at the controlled pool in Kardjali.....no jumpers or the whistle gets blown.  So the rest of the cheesy bread for supper....LN...Chilled as you like...LN

Attachment: avatars_beautiful_flowers_5672.jpg
Size: 139.13 KB

Attachment: gathering_in_my_avatars_garden_7807.jpg
Size: 128.94 KB

Attachment: mother_and_granny_8017.jpg
Size: 115.80 KB

Attachment: with_both_grannies_1811.jpg
Size: 103.72 KB

Attachment: whove_we_fogotten_2770.jpg
Size: 93.19 KB

Attachment: lovely_of_mother_and_baby_5490.jpg
Size: 66.49 KB

Attachment: bit_more_loot_2835.jpg
Size: 74.53 KB

Attachment: baby_favours_7237.jpg
Size: 90.09 KB

Attachment: in_a_dress_3352.jpg
Size: 77.15 KB

Attachment: baba_dressed_for_the_occasion_1740.jpg
Size: 108.81 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 27 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 23, 2017, 6:07pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 23rd July

I was right...three this morning I was still reading but I did managed to stay asleep until six thirty.  I'm not sure where the morning went but the highlight was walking down the garden and looking over the wall and seeing not one, but two hares...and where was the camera...on the desk in the house.  I crept up the garden, grabbed the camera and peered over the wall but obviously they had changed their position.  I saw movement under the yellow wild plum tree, focused the camera at the base of the tree and there was Harold.  The second one wasn't there ....but I was satisfied.  It was very spooked and eventually it must have sensed me and off he shot down the hill to the wooded area.  I did have another sighting but no way could I catch it but those I got were good.

I was back in the house and viewed the shots on the PC and posted them to FB.  While I was playing with pictures, I put the ones from the baby party yesterday on to the Kindle and took them down to show her grandmother.  She was over the moon....she had a computer but she's got a virus and it's in for repair...she's going to let me know when it's back.  I decided that it was better to put them on a memory stick and it's waiting for her on the hall table.  On the way back I stopped off at my Avatar's garden and she had the great grandson in the pushchair and baby minding.  Haciber was sitting with her and almost demanded to see the photos on the Kindle but it was far too bright outside to see them.  She can see them another day.

I watered the pots, moved the wheelbarrow to the workshop terrace ready to pot up the willow tree in a couple of the old tyres from the Beast...it's on the list for tomorrow....as is some woodworking.  It's been a funny old day weather wise...hot, close, threatening thunder which never happened, clouded over, cleared and has now clouded over again but at leased the temperature has dropped.  I did manage to get the large umbrella out and got the weights in the stand so that the wind doesn't blow it away.  My terraces were tidy and it was just as well....Ms D of S left me a message saying that she was going to Djebel with her brother and could they call for a coffee and obviously the answer was yes.  It was the first time that her brother had been to visit the house and baby but said that it won't be the last...she's obviously made them very comfortable...I did warn her.  So they left at five, I put a jacket potato in the oven so it was an easy supper for me.  I grated cheese on it and it finished off while I went round the garden with the hose giving the plants a chance to top up overnight.

Nine my time and I think I'm going to linger in the bath....it's been a sticky old day.  I might head in to Kardjali tomorrow....I've a few things on my shopping list that I can't get in Djebel, I'll see how the day takes me.  LN...Choices, choices...and a Harold spy session...LN

Attachment: first_sight_3706.jpg
Size: 88.19 KB

Attachment: better_focus_4380.jpg
Size: 93.63 KB

Attachment: munching_crunching_2118.jpg
Size: 131.76 KB

Attachment: looking_alert_7936.jpg
Size: 111.17 KB

Attachment: ready_for_the_off_6093.jpg
Size: 146.60 KB

Attachment: buddleia_6425.jpg
Size: 50.50 KB

Attachment: no_butterflies_yet_9609.jpg
Size: 51.14 KB

Attachment: ants_nest_needs_sorting_7985.jpg
Size: 72.32 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 28 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 24, 2017, 5:28pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 24th July

A very warm night but managed to get through until six thirty so not so bad.  I was a bit of a slow starter...I was out on the terrace for quite a while and then on to the computer.  Maybe another guest....I think someone needs to get away for a little peace and quiet....but yet to be arrange.  Bysinger was my first visitor this morning with a bowl of tomatoes, courgettes and peppers...now I have to do something with the two that I'm really not keen on...

I got spurred into action today...I looked at the bottom of the garden and the weeds that had accumulated there so by ten I was out there and didn't come in until one.  I've done some good work out there, thrown the debris over the wall for the cows but only one appeared late this afternoon and demolished the lot of it...at least one is satisfied.  I was so hot and sweaty so had a shower and washed my hair, thought about a nap but it never happened instead I got the bikini on and went on my bedroom balcony to dry off.  It was hot, hot, hot and I was ready until I suddenly realised that the clouds were rolling in and that sun went into hiding.  I think it was the bikini that put Phoebe off.

Back to the sofa but at four I thought that I might as well go out there and carry on where I left off and I did another couple of hours.  The hose is giving life to the marigolds and spreading over to the medlar tree and I'm hoping it bulks out the fruit.  On one of the back to the past programmes I found out that medlars are referred to by the French as dog's backsides and apparently you have to wait until they are decaying to eat them...

Another shower is on the cards before bedtime....it might be when I move the hose to its next spot...I've not had much luck so far.  I've got a chicken leg in the oven and it's almost ready.  LN....Hose then supper...LN

Attachment: gift_from_one_of_my_neighbours_7832.jpg
Size: 103.61 KB

Attachment: umbrella_at_the_ready_4360.jpg
Size: 135.26 KB

Attachment: first_red_centred_sunflower_3949.jpg
Size: 98.91 KB

Attachment: workspace_9411.jpg
Size: 142.68 KB

Attachment: wall_is_looking_much_better_5111.jpg
Size: 137.23 KB

Attachment: medlar_tree_5530.jpg
Size: 116.56 KB

Attachment: finches_are_attacking_the_seed_heads_2401.jpg
Size: 135.91 KB

Attachment: smelly_tobacco_1540.jpg
Size: 141.19 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 29 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 25, 2017, 4:25pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Tuesday 25th July

What a lazy, lazy which in part I owe to the weather.  I was up at six and watched the sun come up but there was very little heat in it this morning.  I sat out with my coffee in my PJ's and took my Kindle out to carry on with my book but came in when I was a little chilly.

I walked the garden but mainly to search for the brass nozzle end for the hose pipe.  I remembered joining the two hoses yesterday and separating them and ended up last night with an old plastic nozzle instead.  I normally put it down on the end of the big little house terrace but gave up as a bad job after searching the grass.  It's not as if it's a little area to search.  Any way...down to the bread van for a sliced loaf and a cheesy bread for breakfast and I remembered, but he forgot, that I owed him for the last one that I'd had on Saturday....so all debts paid...I can hold my head up high again.  I took my breakfast up to the computer, it had clouded over so I settled for checking my emails and the likes and suddenly there were raindrops belting down so I legged it outside and brought in the cushions so that they didn't get saturated.  With rain stopping play I lay on the bed at around eleven and carried on with my book and at twelve thirty I opened my eyes to find out what time it was from the landing clock...and at that point I confirmed that it was day time not night.  I think I must have overdone it yesterday.

I pegged out the washing and now it had turned into a beautiful day with a lovely brisk wind for drying...and they're still out now. I was upon the computer again and fell on to Countdown that  I haven't watched for ages and it reminded me that Rachel has just agreed to accept the title of 'Rear of the Year'...facts that you pick up. ....and I suddenly realised that I was hungry so I went down to the kitchen, toaster out, beans opened and it was beans on toast followed by chocolate and strawberry ice-cream so that's me finished for the day then.

Just a few pics of my morning and some from yesterday that I didn't manage to post from the garden....LN...Lazy, lazy day....LN

Attachment: before_sunrise_5209.jpg
Size: 77.75 KB

Attachment: just_a_faint_glimmer_4258.jpg
Size: 64.16 KB

Attachment: and_its_starting_2868.jpg
Size: 62.86 KB

Attachment: and_still_coming_1772.jpg
Size: 59.81 KB

Attachment: beautifully_calming_7678.jpg
Size: 56.95 KB

Attachment: and_she_made_it_8873.jpg
Size: 72.71 KB

Attachment: out_to_worship_her_6151.jpg
Size: 129.67 KB

Attachment: medlar_tree_5788.jpg
Size: 116.56 KB

Attachment: finches_are_attacking_the_seed_heads_8198.jpg
Size: 135.91 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 30 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 26, 2017, 4:49pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 26th July

Six o'clock start but there was a three thirty one with some stray young dog barking his head off in the garden.  And it followed that all the dogs in the neighbourhood were joining in the chorus.  I gave it a bit of a start though...I went out on to the balcony putting the balcony light on first and yelled in Turkish to get going...and it did.  We don't get as many as we did though, it's the first for a long time and I hope it's not out there tonight...I might be letting off a banger that's if I'm awake enough to realise which end is which...only time will tell.  Nice surprise last evening...one of the village lads gave me an invitation to his wedding ...very sweet....

So six twenty on the balcony with a coffee and the sun was already up and it's been a beautiful day for most of the day.  We did have a brief clouding over and a rumble in the jungle but it moved over quickly.  I was out clearing the said patch of ground digging up the old concrete an roof tiles that had been previously dumped so I've dumped them further along the wall but on my side.  The temptation is to lobbed them over but at some point I'm going to ask my painter to clear up the stuff left over from digging out footings for the wall and it wasn't my rubbish that is littering the hillside but I suppose if you buy land, you technically buy the rubbish so maybe it is mine....   I dug out two really good hole and I've planted up a forsythia and one that I don't know the name of that's been lingering in its pot for about three months....I moved some soil from the veg garden to put in the bottom of the hole and then watered it well so that the roots will at least have something to pull from....and then I came in...it was just too hot out there so I showered, got into my bikini determined to get my middle bit brown....and it's currently a shade of pink but in true form...it should be brown tomorrow.  I wasn't out there for long...I just hate buzzy flies so I settled on the bed with a book and that was another couple of hours gone.

Out again at four thirty and edged the garden with a plank, painted it with wood preservative and secured it in place.  The garden is a little higher there...it's my stone lined and concrete lidded toilet pit so there's no reducing the height...but I'll carry the height on to the walnut tree and I'm thinking of a raised wall and steps as a bit of a feature and a seat round the walnut.  So seven fifteen when I came in...toys away and where as the day gone.  LN...Time for relax...LN

Attachment: wedding_invitation_435.jpg
Size: 86.05 KB

Attachment: and_shes_up_6121.jpg
Size: 54.00 KB

Attachment: pretty_calm_morning_7159.jpg
Size: 99.92 KB

Attachment: lighting_up_the_house_5902.jpg
Size: 75.49 KB

Attachment: spent_some_of_the_day_here_988.jpg
Size: 136.89 KB

Attachment: more_of_the_same_3142.jpg
Size: 154.03 KB

Attachment: watering_the_needy_5891.jpg
Size: 142.04 KB

Attachment: message_for_reinforcements_6309.jpg
Size: 131.90 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 31 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 27, 2017, 4:54pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 27th July

What a change in the weather but at three thirty this morning I wasn't looking out of the window bothering about the outside conditions.  I'd woken up with a pain in the gut, thought it best to pay a trip across the landing and think if I had a carpet I would have put a hole in it.  Eventually back to bed by five and it was eight thirty when I came to for the second time.  There was no need to water the garden and I'm guessing that I shan't have to do it tomorrow for the next couple of days.  The thunder was rumbling and suddenly there were a few crash, wallops and there so many sightings of lightening hitting downwards on the hillside and not just in one place.  It was all over the shop.  

I turned off the WiFi and most of the electrical equipment...it was too close for comfort.  The rain started lashing down, the sky was a curious mixture of grey and orange and there were a few blue patches.  The wind was up, there were a few crashes but nothing broken, the terrace cushions wee distributed evenly until I braved it and rescued them.  I decided that the obvious solution was more coffee, a bacon sandwich and a book.  I moved on to the sofa fully armed and settled in for a couple of hours.  

The weather eased off a little and so with a new made plan, I headed out to Djebel to get my insurance sorted for the Beast and then carried on to Kardjali.  I'd remembered my shopping list which was more or less, but didn't need it for the first shops that I went into.  I tried out the Leva shop but came away with nothing, headed for my cheapy shop and came away with a very large white plate/dish and then over to Kaufland to see what they were giving away.  They had offers on t-lights and garden candles which I went for, not much else went into the trolley and the bill was very light....result.  Final stop was Lidl complete with shopping list and the only extra was a chicken which is now in the over and should do me for the next couple of days or so.  

I came home via the lane and was tossing up whether to or not...by gum had it thrown it down.  It was OK until I hit the bit where the hardcore ran out, I picked my route through the puddles but at one point it was all puddles and it was a bit twitchy.  Some of the lane had collapsed but against the high bank to the left so not really that perilous....anyway...home safe and sound...shopping unpacked, as I said, chicken roasting with a jacket potato and that will be me for the evening...done and dusted.  I've not checked out the weather for tomorrow....I might just get stuck in where I left off on in the garden.  LN....I'm hoping for a peaceful night...LN

Attachment: what_a_change_4404.jpg
Size: 63.50 KB

Attachment: and_loads_of_lightening_strikes_511.jpg
Size: 60.55 KB

Attachment: dramatic_5765.jpg
Size: 58.44 KB

Attachment: a_little_bit_of_sun_on_the_side_3682.jpg
Size: 66.09 KB

Attachment: a_brief_respite_2167.jpg
Size: 86.53 KB

Attachment: hosepipe_is_superfluous_7765.jpg
Size: 77.54 KB

Attachment: all_round_clouds_6691.jpg
Size: 93.21 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 32 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 28, 2017, 6:10pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Friday 28th July

Seven thirty start and straight through...no dogs, the rain didn't disturb me and it must have been the chocolate peanuts last night.  Good job I have another packet that might demand to be eaten.  I couldn't see the mountains...well I think they were there at the start but the mist soon rolled in and everything disappeared.

The weather kept me in for the most of the morning.  I was on the computer dealing with the necessary, posted a few on friends websites and on FB, caught up with Messenger and had a very relaxing time.  I ventured out to the terrace, saw the willow looking very large for the pot it was in so took another tyre from the little house and added it to the other one that I filled up with an old plastic bucket.  It's now in its new home.  I'd managed to strip my bed earlier and managed to get it pegged out now that the fog had lifted and it looked like it was going to be a super day.

I hadn't bother with breakfast...it must have been the peanuts but at twelve the bugs were biting and so I was off to the kitchen and made two very large chicken and mayo French stick chunks and sat reading for an hour or so and I think it needed more than that to digest it and promptly fell asleep.  I was in one of those recurring dreams that you can't seem to get out of and I eventually managed to swim up to the surface, got in the washing and went down the garden and got stuck in.  There are a few more plants in there and I've put in and painted another piece of lawn edging and toys away and in by eight.  Where has the day gone?

Kitchen calls for supper and it's going to be more of the same or I'll be throwing the chicken out to the dogs.  I think tomorrow is going to be a day off...if the weather is good I'm out for the day.  LN...I'm getting there....LN

Attachment: from_my_desk_2252.jpg
Size: 77.92 KB

Attachment: spooks_from_the_balcony_7644.jpg
Size: 74.17 KB

Attachment: a_big_something_2508.jpg
Size: 67.71 KB

Attachment: pleasant_day_4491.jpg
Size: 108.15 KB

Attachment: starting_to_clear_726.jpg
Size: 70.85 KB

Attachment: playground_4940.jpg
Size: 105.85 KB

Attachment: they_loved_the_rain_1872.jpg
Size: 118.69 KB

Attachment: and_off_it_goes_1424.jpg
Size: 76.47 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 33 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 29, 2017, 6:24pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 29th July

Pretty late start again but I did stay up last night watching TV Catch up...Monty your actual and I picked up a few good gardening tips.  I wonder if he'd like to come out here and give the garden a make-over....not that he'd get it right though....

My morning was spent watching the sunrise, drinking coffee and taking lots of pickies of the start of the day and the pesky finches eating my seeds.  I went out to view the garden, realised that the garden hose that I thought would shut off hadn't held back the flow and blown the hose off the connector on the winding reel and the lavender was really well watered.  As I checked out the bottom of the garden I heard a crash and it sounded metallic so I legged it back concerned as to what it could be.  I checked the road and nothing was about...it was pretty early, looked inside the house and saw that the expanding metal curtain rail that I'd put up for the winter and never taken down had fallen down on the stairs so whether we had a tremor or not I'd not sure...that's the only reason I could think of....the rest is still standing...yea, yea, yea.

As for the rest of the day there wasn't a lot of activity.  Breakfast was toast with more coffee and that didn't happen until around ten and I seem to have wasted a lot of time today but after all...it's mine to waste and I don't feel guilty about it these days.  It was too hot to get out there and 'do' so I didn't.  I did make it to the kitchen and make a curry out of the chicken and that's ready and waiting and the rice is finished to so I'm not going to linger for much longer.  At six tonight I did have the urge to get the lawn mower out and half of the estate is mown...the remainder will be done tomorrow...I'd worked up enough of a sweat to feel that I'd achieved something.

So now it's time for supper...I got caught up watching the high school film on my little Lenovo in the kitchen while I was finishing off supper...hence the lateness of the update.  LN....Rest of the lawn on the list for tomorrow....LN

Attachment: looks_promising_4083.jpg
Size: 22.49 KB

Attachment: really_does_7627.jpg
Size: 20.80 KB

Attachment: white_beauties_in_the_half_light_7141.jpg
Size: 47.33 KB

Attachment: two_more_in_the_nest_752.jpg
Size: 54.70 KB

Attachment: late_arrival_414.jpg
Size: 59.37 KB

Attachment: .plane_9120.jpg
Size: 15.94 KB

Attachment: happy_frog_9973.jpg
Size: 67.86 KB

Attachment: pinching_my_seeds_3028.jpg
Size: 79.30 KB

Attachment: getting_down_to_it_2497.jpg
Size: 76.93 KB

Attachment: on_patrol_6027.jpg
Size: 29.64 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 34 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 30, 2017, 5:21pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 30th July

Lovely morning and it was spent watching the birds, trying to catch them in flight and the same with the honey moths....they were just so busy flitting hither and thither and I have a 'blob' where it was but the camera just wouldn't focus.  I again had a very lazy morning again...I had another attempt at the DM Saturday Sudoku and again failed miserably and it was all to do with ones and nines. I'd printed it off last night and taken it to bed with me...I'd put in the numbers that I could manage but no way could I finish it and this morning I realise that I slept on the pencil...no sense no feeling.

So the rest of the lawn had to be done....but breakfast called first.  Toast with peach jam and more coffee filled the bill and at twelve I went out there, struck up the mower and I was back in by one....for a drink.  The grave garden would have to wait until the sun had cooled off a little.  So again I picked up the half completed Sudoku and this time managed to finish it.....I just have to have to look at the solution.  Book out, head down, eyes closed and two hours later I came conscious again.  It was straight out there again...the grave garden lawn finished, the grass between the house and the front wall completed and the surrounds strimmed.  I repaired the hose connectors, watered the pots on the terrace and then did the rest of the garden.  Everything is done...I can have tomorrow off....it's a nice feeling...I am my own task master.

I have the remains of the chicken curry for tonight's supper with a little left over rice.  I'm watching the world swimming championships and that reminds me...it's time I headed for the shower...it was pretty hot out there slogging the lawn mower around.  Kitchen calls, supper calls, shower and bed.  LN...I might be swimming tomorrow....LN

Attachment: woody_on_the_lookout_5398.jpg
Size: 39.72 KB

Attachment: bea_eaters_6599.jpg
Size: 56.95 KB

Attachment: something_interesting_over_there_9021.jpg
Size: 83.72 KB

Attachment: honeysuckle_is_still_flowering_8814.jpg
Size: 82.02 KB

Attachment: lawn_done_2414.jpg
Size: 82.67 KB

Attachment: looking_good_9088.jpg
Size: 120.20 KB

Attachment: moons_up_4442.jpg
Size: 47.14 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 35 - 36
Elsa Peters
July 31, 2017, 7:59pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,659
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 31st July

Late start...I was reading at three and don't ask me the reason why.  There was a dog barking but not in the garden but the active brain took over and it took a long time to get back off again.  Hence eight thirty when I opened my eyes for the second time.  

I messed around on the PC for a couple of hours and posted some old photos on to Facebook of my grandparents and me as a sprog with my sister and older with an old family friend at my mother and father's fiftieth wedding anniversary.  It's amazing how many memories some photos evoke in people, the comments that you get and the number of 'likes'.

By twelve thirty I'd got my bikini on and a suitable cover up, into the Beast and I was heading for the big swimming pool that I've come to like going out of Kardjali.  Being Monday there were only teenagers there but plenty of sunbeds so I paid my dues, got comfortable on a semi-shady sunbed and then about three quarters of an hour going across the width of the pool swimming...fantastic exercise.  I got out and by this time the sun had moved round and I put some sun screen on which must be old and goes on like a layer of lanolin...tomorrow I will but a new oil based one....it's not that I need protection, more as an anti-drying agent.  Back for another swim, dried off again and at four thirty I decided that I wouldn't go home before I headed to my student's house for supper.  I popped into Lidl and picked up a few goodies for them and found out that their aunt was over from Istanbul and we had a very pleasant evening together all of us....and I've got an invitation to Istanbul to stay at her house...and I might very well take her up on it along with the two students.

Home for ten thirty....I stopped off for Diesel and found that my fuel cap had not been replaced the last time that it was filled so that's the first item on the list tomorrow.  I'll check out the one on Beauty first....I'm not sure what's on there...it might fit Cinderella.  And now to bed...I've had a really good day...another layer of suntan settled on the old body, an evening with beautiful funny people where we make each other laugh....now what could be better than that.  LN...Hoping for a better night's sleep....LN
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread

My Diary by Elsa Peters (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread