Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Elsa Peters living a new life in Bulgaria    General Boards    My Diary by Elsa Peters  ›  NOVEMBER 2017
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

NOVEMBER 2017  This thread currently has 4,465 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Elsa Peters
November 1, 2017, 3:40pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 1st November

Funny old night again.  I woke up at two this morning and was reading until half three and again not an ounce of sleep in me and it could be the same tonight.  I thought I'd heard something falling so checked if there was a gale blowing out there but no wind and couldn't see anything untowards.  I eventually went off and at six I was awake again, picked up with where I'd left off with the history of Egypt and at last there are names that I recognise.  I've now met up with Seth and Ramses and I'm on about the second of them and I'm finding out about the treasures that were saved from the Abu Simbel flooding.  I never made it down there on my visit to Egypt but now I'm reading about it again...another Nile cruised could be in the offing.   I checked again for things that go bump in the night and found that my suitcase had toppled over from where it had been perched on top of another one so problem solved.

A bit of a cloudy sky to wake up to and the sun never really came through until it was well up in the sky.  When it did it was pleasant enough but the wind was really cold.  I took the old bread out for the birds and hung up a couple of fat balls that I'd bought for the birds from the cheapy shop but I don't think any of them will be too interested,  They didn't look very interesting to me but having said that I'm a different sort of bird.  I'll see what's there in the morning.  I went down to the bread van for a sliced loaf and the ladies were complaining that he'd run out of everything so that there was nothing to buy.  I suppose he stocks up but according to the demands along the way....and there was no cheesy bread for me.  Toast and Marmite for breakfast but it sat very heavy and I've been drying to dislodge it all day.  

So a workout in the garden ...I firstly cleared the leaves from the garage and yard and hopefully they should all be down soon.  There is only one Linden to go and that should shed all its leaves in one go when the first really hard frost hits it.  We've been playing at it up to now but tell that to the Cosmos.  They look decidedly jaded so I was out there collecting seeds from them and it looks like they've been dropping their own so I might not have to bring them on myself and only move them to where I want them.  At least I understand them now and won't expect them to flower until late summer.  Down to the bottom of the garden and set to digging out more of the wild plum to give more light to the bed and join this side of the garden to the other.  I took six out, burnt five and planted one but hadn't got the enthusiasm to dig over the new spare ground.  That like the logs is for another day.  I left my tools down the bottom of the garden and came in at one thirty for lunch.  At two I lit the fire and at two thirty must have nodded off with Ramses and woke up with a decidedly dead left foot where my leg had been resting on the arm of the sofa.  I was loathed to put it down on the floor...I imagined keeling over but eventually life came back.  Down the garden to put the tools away, another load of logs brought in to the house to keep me topped up and to warm up the next lot and everything locked up for the night.  The temperature has not really climbed today but what was there has now gone and it was a pleasure to come back inside.  It's going to be a cold old night.

Not a clue what I'm going to have for supper...the mood hasn't taken me yet.  Pictures will be on the next entry...none allowed on the first of the month.  LN...Kitchen inspiration required....LN
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message
Elsa Peters
November 1, 2017, 4:09pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
And the pickies

Attachment: best_of_the_morning_1659.jpg
Size: 78.71 KB

Attachment: and_it_never_took_off_5057.jpg
Size: 72.31 KB

Attachment: things_that_go_bump_9252.jpg
Size: 75.95 KB

Attachment: six_more_wild_plum_trees_removed_7980.jpg
Size: 139.62 KB

Attachment: and_one_replanted_499.jpg
Size: 101.92 KB

Attachment: not_much_success_with_the_bonfire_5479.jpg
Size: 146.40 KB

Attachment: more_success_with_the_internal_fire_4534.jpg
Size: 63.69 KB

Attachment: tools_away_7676.jpg
Size: 83.56 KB

Attachment: seeds_collected_from_my_flowering_bathroom_plant_3093.jpg
Size: 57.86 KB

Attachment: suitably_labelled_1605.jpg
Size: 62.27 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 2, 2017, 3:59pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 2nd November

Five o'clock start but there again I was asleep by ten last night.  The internet was playing up and I got blips, screeches. repeats of conversation so I gave up realising that there was nothing I wanted to suffer through.  I opened the curtains and it was a real white over this morning...our first real frost ,,,so I thought it best to check out the anti-freeze in the Beast.  Firstly...catch the dawn and go back to bed.  I checked out the thermometer at the bottom of the stairs and it was showing seventeen point five...bearable but under the bedclothes with a coffee was preferable. I watched the sun come up and after an hour checked the thermometer again and it was up to twenty four...my free central heating.

Down for breakfast at eight and two poached eggs were done in quick sticks.  I tidied the kitchen and left everything ship shape, threw the rice out for the birds and checked on the fat-balls...which are no more,,,not even the green mesh was left.  So dressed in jeans, a couple of sweaters and boots I headed for Djebel.  My first stop was to the car shop to check that they could fit me in and the garage owner was there so no problem,  I chatted to my student's mum for about forty minutes and then headed down to the garage complete with my student who was working down there and milf for her father....straight from the milk collection wagon.  I ordered eggs from the mother and picked them up on the way back.  The Beast is OK and showing anti-freeze which should suffice to minus 34 and I was told that I'd be OK to go to Siberia so I'll leave that for tomorrow.  Oil checked, two new tyres ordered and should be fitted early next week and then I should be set up for winter.  I've been warned that the police are having a purge on windscreen washers and anti=freeze stuff in it so I bought a five litre bottle of washer additive.

So off I set for home and carried on to Mrs D of S's to deliver the new boots for the little one.  We sat with a coffee, the little one is absolutely gorgeous, a real poppet and we had playtime.  She nodded off to sleep so I had to talk to her mum but we managed to fill the time until she woke up again,  I was home for four, fire lit, enough wood in for tonight, supper in and it should be finished soon.  Roasted chicken legs and roasted vegetables which I'm really looking forward to.  So nothing on the agenda for tomorrow unless the tyres come in early otherwise I have wood to do and a vegetable garden to dig over...always something to do.  Lovely moon tonight and those full ones seem to creep up on you.  LN...My supper's ready...LN

Attachment: and_theres_a_glimmer_73.jpg
Size: 56.15 KB

Attachment: crisp_morning_5162.jpg
Size: 72.53 KB

Attachment: and_now_its_a_ghostly_dawning_605.jpg
Size: 75.44 KB

Attachment: so_back_to_bed_4217.jpg
Size: 74.99 KB

Attachment: goodbye_to_some_of_them_7433.jpg
Size: 129.08 KB

Attachment: and_from_one_of_the_square_windows_7732.jpg
Size: 81.38 KB

Attachment: and_from_the_stairs_147.jpg
Size: 57.25 KB

Attachment: and_in_close_up_2946.jpg
Size: 50.44 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 3, 2017, 5:39pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Friday 3rd November

Bit of an odd day today.  I woke up at five but I switched off the PC really early and slept straight through.  I'd drawn the curtains in the bedroom last night and when I opened them thee was just the glimmer of morning.  It was fristy frosty again, the mist hung in the valley and I didn't linger long on the balcony...it was just too cold.  Lots of pink in the sky this morning and even the mist took on the same hue but unfortunately it didn't show up well on the pictures.  So back to bed with a coffee until it became a civilised hour, OI got on to the PC and created some dialogue sheets a to take with me when I went round to my student's sisters for help with her English.  Washed, dressed and having breakfast at eight thirty and ready for the off by nine thirty.

I stopped off at the car parts shop and dropped off the egg carton from yesterday.  She was busy on the telephone ordering parts so I didn't wait to speak to her and left the box on the counter saying that I would be back.  I carried on to my student's home and was made welcome and I explained what the new sheets were about.  She is so industrious and really trying hard to get to grips with English.  The sheets were all about building sentences and had phrases that are the basis of conversation.  Her method before was to learn words, which is fine, but not for conversational English.  The sheets that I'd printed off before for her to write on she wouldn't...she said they were too clean to destroy.  Oh dear.  I stayed until just before twelve and headed home.  I was intending stopping off at the shop but changed my mind when there wasn't a parking space.  It's mosque and market day so there are lots of people around.  

When I got hack I realised that the electricity was off so check on one of my timing devices and it had been off since ten this morning.  I removed the timer so that I'd remember to change the setting which I did when it came back on at two thirty.  Despite my grand plans to do 'stuff', the wood cutting was out since I needed the electrics for the saw and I couldn't raise the energy to go digging over the veg patch and removing the very desolate looking zinnias and cosmos.  It was also cold this afternoon.  The morning was full of promise but the clouds were high up and fairly thick and you could see the sun but there wasn't any warmth coming through.  I lit the fire at three thirty when I was sure that the electrics would stay on for the pump to work and got another load of logs in and am all set up for the night.  Bit of a strange thing with students...I always feel that the lesson wasn't much use and that's why I don't do more of it....I prefer crating the documentation and leaving it to others.

So only the end of the sunset was visible and there was a strange sky after the sun had gone down.  It looked very white...not natural at all.  So tomorrow, weather permitting is doing all those things that I was going to do today.  Supper was the cold chicken leg from last night and that's over and done with. A little TV and then an early night again. Fingers crossed for wall to wall sunshine tomorrow.  LN...And loads of energy...LN

Attachment: first_light_9859.jpg
Size: 55.48 KB

Attachment: splendid_morning_4123.jpg
Size: 66.40 KB

Attachment: from_the_stairwell_5222.jpg
Size: 67.36 KB

Attachment: from_my_desk_2592.jpg
Size: 38.04 KB

Attachment: coffee_time_5408.jpg
Size: 89.75 KB

Attachment: love_my_cheery_kitchen_1546.jpg
Size: 60.46 KB

Attachment: nearly_gone_8430.jpg
Size: 31.07 KB

Attachment: strange_white_sky_1693.jpg
Size: 63.33 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 3 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 4, 2017, 4:55pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Saturday 4th November

Five twenty start and I peeped through the curtains and noticed that it was a morning for going back to bed and playing games. I checked out the weather and it stated that we would have a couple of showers...wrong...it was a rubbishy morning and it didn't brighten up until about one thirty.  I lingered in my PJs until about nine thirty, boiled eggs for breakfast and though it best I get dressed and out came the sweaters...there was going to be no free soar central heating today.  The inside thermometer was showing twenty one which is not bad but I decided that I would get the fire going...it was likely to be a sofa and Kindle day...I'm still slogging though History of Egypt and am now on the final strait.

I flicked through the TV channels and found that England were playing so I settled in with that for the duration and by the time that had finished, the fire had gone out so I tried to tease it into life but had to resort to paper and more matches than I care to think about.  Eventually it got going so I decided to get more wood in, play down the bottom on the new bed and I edged my way to the side bed by the vegetable patch and removed the weeds and turned the rest over.  I've taken up one of the cosmos bushes that has keeled over and put it down by the walnut hoping the seeds will germinate next year.  I tried to get the bonfire going but it was a definite no go...too wet and too much effort to try.  I've coiled up the hose pipe extension that was lying on the workshop terrace and that's now in for the winter and swept up the leaves that have fallen from next door's pear tree.  The sunbed that's still on the terrace will be moved under the little house when I have an accomplice to get it down there.  I wasn't in to straining my guts out today.

Came in at three thirty, perked up the fire again and settled on the sofa with the Kindle.  I nodded off for about ten minutes but that was the sum total, book down by five, fire really packed and supper is in the oven.  Strictly tonight all being well with the internet, bath time and bed. I think I need to be sorting out some knitting or crocheting...the winter nights are upon us.  I caught the moon tonight and was surprised to see it considering what sort of day we've had but I don't expect it to be out for long.  I got it firstly with the Sony and then with the Canon and I was amazed how good the magnification is on the Sony.  It does appear to alter the colour though...much prefer the Canon for colour and that was for real.  

Supper needs my attention...LN...It should be ready...LN

Attachment: not_a_good_day_7520.jpg
Size: 64.21 KB

Attachment: i_resorted_to_rugby_1538.jpg
Size: 84.21 KB

Attachment: played_for_a_while_down_the_bottom_8584.jpg
Size: 123.93 KB

Attachment: started_on_the_flower_beds_2089.jpg
Size: 141.44 KB

Attachment: these_were_out_and_about_though_722.jpg
Size: 107.10 KB

Attachment: caught_this_beauty_with_the_sony_6721.jpg
Size: 50.32 KB

Attachment: and_with_the_canon_7058.jpg
Size: 15.97 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 4 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 5, 2017, 4:20pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Sunday 5th November

Six twenty start so getting better.  The sleep of the just.  I went out on the balcony to take a few of the morning but nothing worth looking at and I came in...too cold out there.  It cleared up by lunchtime and I intended getting the camera out and capturing the mist in the valley but I was much too busy digging over my vegetable patch.

So coffee and back to bed for a while and then on to the PC...it was cold and damp out there and no day to be rushing outside.  I spotted the mince that I'd taken out last night and set to and made a chilli for tonight's supper so no having to think about what to have.  I was also trawling the internet for a recipe for grapefruit marmalade so tonight I'll be slicing and soaking the grapefruit over night and that's my first job tomorrow.  I'll need to go into the little house and find all the pretty jars that I put to give away...I didn't think there was much danger of me using them but after all, the grapefruit were cheap and you can't really buy marmalade here until Lidl have an English week and then it's expensive.

So as I said...I dug over three sections of the veg patch and decided that was enough and came in for a drink.  It suddenly hit me that I hadn't had breakfast so I opened a tin of tuna, made toast and had that for an early lunch / really late breakfast.  I decided to let my food go down before I went out there again and as per normal, so I lit the fire, lay on the sofa with the Kindle and you can guess the rest.  By this time the clouds had come over and it had gone quite cold outside but eventually the rolled over and at three thirty I was out there again.  The veg garden is finished, the cosmos that have really gone over with the frost are piled up at the bottom of the garden against the wall for the birds to collect the seeds along with the zinnias.  I haven't yet round a suitable spot for a compost heap and I really ought to think about it.  I also tackled the big side bed that I started yesterday and the dead flowers have been removed and the bed forked over.  It was dark when I came in so no change of taking any pickies and the sun had gone already.  I only just managed to catch the aftermath.

Early bath for me tonight and then Strictly results...nothing on the agenda for tomorrow as it stands except for the marmalade.  LN....Time to rev up the boiler....LN

Attachment: bit_of_a_pea_souper_6614.jpg
Size: 72.29 KB

Attachment: half_finished_6998.jpg
Size: 147.75 KB

Attachment: just_caught_the_end_of_it_1380.jpg
Size: 62.17 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 5 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 6, 2017, 4:27pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Monday 6th November

Five start, more like broad day light with the moon but that didn't last long.  As the temperature went up the mist came down but there was ice on the balcony rails this morning.  It had certainly been a cold one.  Back to bed with a coffee and played a few games on the Kindle...now that Egypt is no more I've got to load a few more on,  I eventually got out of bed at seven, washed, dressed and put the washing away from yesterday, poached for breakfast and it's done me through to now.  I tidied the kitchen. collected the burnables and headed down to the bottom of the garden and it was only nine.  I did notice that I'd forgotten all about the grapefruit so that item's been carried forward for later in the week.The fire was really slow to start and it took me an hour to get it going properly.  It was just so damp and cold.  

I carried on digging up the roots of the wild plums down the bottom and hacking back a few more of the big ones and then I moved to the garden by the long high wall.  Again this garden has been planted up but neglected so I cleared out the cosmos that have gone over and double dug the lot of it.  I found a long plank of wood and edged the bed. rescued the paint brush and applied the old engine oil to the wood.  I found a heather that didn't look too happy where I'd put it so that's been moved.  I came in at twelve thirty for a drink and went on the computer again for a bit of a rest.  I was out there again by one thirty, bonfire was topped up and very hot by this time so cleared all of the branches that I'd hacked back.  Checking on the rest of the shrubs under the long wall. I noticed that the escalonia had a shoot that had rooted so that's now sitting in a pot in the little house.  Tools away by five and fire going by five ten.  It's going to be another cold one,  The remains of the chilli is sitting on the wood burner and rice is in the other pan.  Supper will be served as soon as this is posted.

Another good day in the garden...there's always something to do but I'm still constructing.  Next year should be easier....there's more shape to the garden now.  LN....I feel the bath calling me to ease these weary bones...LN

Attachment: it_was_cold_out_there_2374.jpg
Size: 60.86 KB

Attachment: and_white_over_3639.jpg
Size: 67.01 KB

Attachment: poluting_the_atmosphere_again_6285.jpg
Size: 107.55 KB

Attachment: play_time_7661.jpg
Size: 92.17 KB

Attachment: painted_surround_and_double_dug_4690.jpg
Size: 157.59 KB

Attachment: eventually_got_it_6451.jpg
Size: 72.08 KB

Attachment: self_rooted_escalonia_9121.jpg
Size: 112.24 KB

Attachment: little_house_winter_store_1317.jpg
Size: 76.37 KB

Attachment: just_caught_it_leaving_4524.jpg
Size: 76.12 KB

Attachment: and_its_gone_8804.jpg
Size: 71.93 KB

Attachment: harold_with_ears_9413.jpg
Size: 81.53 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 6 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 7, 2017, 4:24pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Tuesday 7th November

Six thirty start and slept straight through again...it makes such a difference about how you feel next day.Coffee and back to bed to watch the dawn.  I did go out on the balcony and take the morning sky but there was no sign of the sun and then it suddenly appeared.  It was huge but it wasn't around long.  The cloud base as soon as it gave it up took it back again and it wasn't until later in the day that the clouds rolled away.  Washed, dressed and down to the bread van for bread, biscuits and cake.  My ladies were there and we had a chinwag in a couple of languages and they were all marvelling at the orange bands on my socks that matched my sweater.  Toast for breakfast and then I headed out to look in the large plastic chest that's in the wood store that's full of starter wood.  I'd decided to use the chest in the little house so I filled three containers to lighten the load and eventually managed to get it where I wanted it.  Next job was to bring the wheelbarrow round to the little house and get two bags of coal into it ready to load into Mrs D of S's car.  A dead wight of twenty five kilograms is too heavy for me to lift so I manoeuvred the barrow to the bottom of the main door steps, walked the bag to the steps, trod on the handles of the wheelbarrow to tip it towards the house and lift the first one into the barrow.  The same procedure for the second and success...two bags and together we would lift them into the boot of her car.  

My next task was to clean out the porch by the main entrance door and I moved the shelving unit between the two pillars under the balcony to try to decide how far out I wanted the new porch to be built.  I'm happy now...I've measured and tested and it's to take up all of the balcony length and width.  It will make the kitchen warmer by protecting the kitchen wall and since this is the only room in the house without heating, it should make a huge difference.  After that I sat out in the sun sorting out this year's seeds and putting them into envelopes and dating them.  

She arrived at twelve thirty and I was beginning to think that she'd forgotten and taken my new favourite little person home without me having a cuddle.  As it happened there was a fairly big queue at the doctors this morning and she was lined up for an injection so had to wait.  The little one was a sleepy head when she arrived but she soon came to.  I moved the tables in the lounge and fairly child proofed it but she is such a mover and quick as lightening with such a cheeky smile when she gets told off.  Love her....one after my own heart.  I found a few toys out for her to play with but the favourite was a metal candle holder with a lid that we had a super game of 'ta' with.  We loaded the car with the coal and off they went..five minutes later the house was back to normal.

I'd just settled down with my book and Gouldjan's mother arrived bringing back my flash drive that I'd given to Gouldjan with the wedding photos on.  She also brought some butter and cheese, we had coffee and then she wanted to see the photos of the wedding so we went up to the computer and went through them together. I now have a list of the ones that she wants and I'll print them off for her and find an  album next time I'm in Kardjali.  Off she went to milk the cows at four and it's obvious that she misses her daughter now in Germany.  Supper in the oven, I've realised that I haven't locked up outside yet so that's my next job and nothing on for tomorrow ...yet...but I'm sure I'll find something.  LN...Kitchen calls...LN

Attachment: hazy_gentle_start_6479.jpg
Size: 73.19 KB

Attachment: and_then_it_came_up_5861.jpg
Size: 64.49 KB

Attachment: and_with_full_zoom_3712.jpg
Size: 51.13 KB

Attachment: so_back_to_bed_633.jpg
Size: 73.62 KB

Attachment: and_then_it_was_going_into_hiding_8988.jpg
Size: 54.78 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 7 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 8, 2017, 4:40pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Wednesday 8th November

Five start but then I decided that the head was going down again...I wasn't ready to wake up.  I'd had my bath last night but there wasn't enough water, the temperature was all wrong so I was out of it quicker than I got in, jumped into really warm PJ's and enjoyed the rest of my evening.  So it was just after seven when I came to for the second time, coffee and logged on to the computer to catch up on anything that might have  happened overnight and delete the junk emails offering me spins for free and dates with Russian beauties.  Of course I've contacted both of them...not.

Checked Messenger and my student didn't want to go to the restaurant for lunch but I was invited to their house for lunch.  I stopped off at the garage shop to query if they'd had any success with finding me all year tyres and they said no so I asked them to place an order for two winter tyres...there's only about a week left on mine and the police are very active at the moment.  The older sister was at home, the father fetched soup from the local restaurant, the younger sister arrived from work and we sat down for lunch at twelve fifteen.  And nobody wanted to go out for lunch..didn't make much sense to me but their choice.  The conversation was good over lunch, the little one didn't want to go back to work but had to.  The father is the postman in one of the outlying village post offices and was going out, coming back with the post and sorting it on the sofa.  There were lots from overseas, newspapers and flyers and off he went to deliver them to the town.  He then came back with lots of receipts for telephone. water and electricity bills for his village, and sorted them out for the older villagers.  He knows them all but offsets the bills against the pensions and works it all out for them...what a service.  

Good news on the tyre front...the garage phoned to say that they had managed to find some all weather tyres and they're being delivered tomorrow.  I'll wait for the phone call.  At least then the car is finished for the winter so bring it on.  Home by four thirty via the supermarket and lit the fire.  It was slow to get started and it seemed to take ages before the temperature managed to get the pump to kick in.  It's cold and damp tonight and has been all day.  No sun around and I mentioned to my student's father that the fire was slow last night and he said that they'd had the same problem and smoke was coming out into the room.  The joys of wood fired heating and central heading.  Spicy sausage  with onions for supper and I emptied a can of backed beans into the casserole dish.  It's sitting on top of the wood burner and should be ready anytime soon.  So tyres tomorrow all being well and then I'm carrying on into Kardjali for a few items I can't live without....or maybe do Kardjali first,  No pickies tonight...it's been a day of activity and memo to self...must do better.  LN...Supper is ready...LN
Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 8 - 30
Elsa Peters
November 9, 2017, 3:49pm Report to Moderator

Diary Admin
Posts: 4,688
Gender: Female
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Location: Mobile!
Thursday 9th November

Silly night again.  I woke up at three full of the joys of spring so settled in for my history of Russia.  OK...it was cheap from Amazon..ninety nine pence and had four and a half stars so I thought it was worth a punt.  I managed to read a chapter then thought it was time that I got my head down again so I tried and I did and didn't wake up until just before eight and felt fantastic. That feeling has been around for the rest of the day but I've done very little.  A lovely surprise Princess phoned me on her way to work and she banked on the fact that who else was up at that time in the morning.  She's turned into an early bird. and it was good to catch up.
The weather was nothing to write home about so I didn't bother.  I settled for toast and Marmite, washed up from the last two days and got washed and dressed myself making sure that I put on an extra sweater.  Not only damp but cold with it this morning and so much so that I lit the fire at which point the sun came out.  I settled in for morning television until the urge hit me to go get some more wood in, sweep up the leaves that have fallen and deposit them down the bottom of the garden.  It all adds to the bulk and a layer of cow or sheep droppings on there should be life support for some of the new plants for next year.  Next step was to put the shelf run that's been blocking the gap, back against the wall and the table is one step nearer to coming into the house for the winter.  It just needs to dry out a little first.  I'm still toying with the idea of glazing the porch and putting the door at the bottom, opening it all up.  Decisions, decisions but I think it's all ready made.  I hate eating outside when the flies are about in the summer so there would be enough room for a table and chairs with a little juggling.  

So just a few pickies but I've not really been anywhere or done anything.  The tyres didn't materialise so maybe tomorrow,  I did make a birthday card be it a belated one for my student's sister.  She's reach the grand old age of thirty but chooses to reply when questioned about how many...twenty nine plus one.  I think my daughter is still twenty nine.  Had a chat with Haciber and the weather was the obvious topic of conversation.  I have the remains of last night's supper for tonight. and I'm just about to put it on the wood burner to warm through.  LN....Chilled, restful, day....LN

Attachment: damp_and_dull_1850.jpg
Size: 87.42 KB

Attachment: who_stole_my_mountains_7373.jpg
Size: 79.38 KB

Attachment: and_then_it_all_came_back_again_5920.jpg
Size: 71.98 KB

Attachment: so_the_door_will_go_at_the_end_of_this_7242.jpg
Size: 90.13 KB

Attachment: giving_a_reasonable_porch_8119.jpg
Size: 93.91 KB

Attachment: with_windows_all_along_5596.jpg
Size: 104.51 KB

Attachment: eating_space_when_the_flies_are_out_8763.jpg
Size: 69.89 KB

Attachment: hint_of_pink_at_sunset_4189.jpg
Size: 106.89 KB

Logged Offline
Site E-mail Private Message Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread

My Diary by Elsa Peters (only location)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread